expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday 4 January 2013

A good year


A year and a half of food blogging under my belt and I have to say guys, I rock at this stuff - joking of course. At the end of the year it's nice to look back on the year gone by and these were statistically my top hits of 2012. It's even better to look forward to what is to come. So if you haven't seen them before, give these posts a look over now - they are all quite good (even if I do say so myself).



In fifth place is the very yummy Lilly Higgins' Banoffi cake - I never ate a slice of the one pictured as it was a present for the child minding ladies in the creche, but I made it a couple of times after that one and it was delicious. The only thing you have to watch for is not to overcook the icing - it goes to the dry side quite quickly.



Hasselback potatoes  Bit of a surprise at number four - mostly because the people on Pinterest took an interest in it I think? Whatever way you look at it, it backs up my theory that the best things to post are the three C's - chocolate, cheese and carbs. Sorted.



My own personal favourite is at number three, Donut muffins. This was the first photo I was ever truly proud of, and it was a battle to keep some muffins for the photos as they were being eaten faster than I could snap them. So it's a totally delicious recipe to boot.



Double chocolate salt caramel brownies - this recipe has only been really, really popular in the last few weeks. It ticks all the boxes though. What's not to like?



The best of all, seemingly, according to the viewing public is the baked brunch baguette with a gigantic amount of hits - it is pretty tasty though, so you should definitely try it.

So onwards and upwards for the new year, thanks for reading along and all your lovely comments last year, I hope to see you all here in the coming months and maybe make some new friends along the way.

5 comments:

  1. Can I also add to your achievements list for 2012 the wonderful banner design you did for my blog relaunch? Am still so happy with it (and still waiting for you to come over to cook Indian with us in Luton).
    Thank you again and happy new year!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the three Cs! Can't wait to give the donut muffins a try. January detoxes don't stand a chance with round-ups like these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had an absolutely delicious year! Long may it continue in 2012 - love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a lovely 2013. 2012 looks very delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, bang goes the diet after looking at these pics. How anyone can pick, say, an apple over those donut muffins is beyond my comprehension. A belated happy new year to you and yours Amee and here's to a 2013 full of diet busting blog posts!

    ReplyDelete

Say hi, don't be shy!